Saturday 21 October 2017

And also blue sky at the Tatras mountains


I did almost everything the guidebook I had borrowed about the Tatras mountains advised me to do. I bought a good map, I bought water and lots of food and I left my next in kin's contact and expected locations at the reception of the hotel I stayed in Zacopane. The only advice I did not follow was to walk with a partner and so I was on my own. Well, I thought I was going to walk on my own, but as soon as I arrived at the bottom of the mountain I found out I was not going to walk on my own. Being one of the main summer destinations for the almost 40 million Polish, the Tatras walking routes were packed with people. Even nuns I saw scrambling the most difficult bits. The views are breath-taking and I would definitely go back. But maybe in another time of the year or visiting the Slovakian Tatras instead. At least Slovaks are only 5.5 million!

No comments: