Monday 28 July 2014

Maillot jaune

Today was the last day of the tour de France. Portuguese Rui Costa had to give up because of a bronchitis but the others (Tiago Costa, Nélson Oliveira, Sérgio Paulinho and José Mendes still arrived to the end). Last year I was in Paris watching the arrival of the tour and I was surprised by the speed they cycle. In fact, we can hardly recognise who is who - that's why this stage is for the sprinters! Before the cyclists, normal people like me, who previously registered for the event, can cycle the final lap and wear the yellow jersey. So, I can say my ridgeback already experimented the tour de France!

On a similar note, I have watched two great documentaries at the Belmont Filmhouse (Aberdeen) and another at the BBC that I recommend: One is about Marco Pantani (The accidental death of a cyclist) and the others about Lance Amstrong (The Amstrong Lie, Storyville: The Lance Amstrong Story). I was impressed with the size of the lie and I do often ask myself if big liars can be trusted back again. I deeply doubt it.

No comments: