Tuesday 15 July 2014

Colorful cubism of Amadeo Souza Cardozo

Besides working in interesting topics, meeting fascinating people, travelling and being learning all the time, working in academia gives what most of other jobs do not give us: flexibility! And with it I went to Portugal to celebrate my birthday with my parents, family and friends. I also took advantage to go to Lisbon and participate in the big festivities of the city (Santo Antonio), which are, obviously, on my birthday! And I even had time to be surprised as I went to visit the Berardo Collection Museum, considered one of the best free entry museums of Europe. No wonder! The collection is very complete in terms of modern art currents and I just managed one floor!! I definetly recommend it. The painting in the photo is from Portuguese cubist and futurist painter Amadeo Souza Cardoso (1987-1918).

No comments: