Saturday 23 June 2012

Brown sculptures in Copenhagen

In June 2009 I went to Copenhagen for a Summer School on "Market-based instruments for ecosystem services". I really enjoyed the city: bike-friendly, colourful, cosmopolitan, cultural, alternative...The PhD students I met came from all over the world and I learned with them the challenges the environment faces in countries such as the Philipines, Spain, Denmark, France, South Korea or Mexico. In my spare time I did something I love: to visit museums. And I went to the Danish National Gallery that (as a bonus) holds a modernism building. The pregnant sculptures were one of the works I saw there. 

With this I take advantage to mention the Portuguese plastic artist Joana Vasconcelos, which is the only woman ever to exhibit in the Versailles Palace. As a Portuguese and as a woman I am very proud. Have a look at http://www.vasconcelos-versailles.com/

No comments: